Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy Diwali 2012

Yupe...I joined the DQ Diwali Challenge :)
I drew and planned for making a wall hanging with Diwali Lakhsmi on it...I thought it will be a perfect gift for those who celebrate Diwali, but cancelled due to lack of fabric colors related to that theme :(  And since I am pregnant, I am not that flexible to roam around on auto-rickshaw so I have to forget doing fabric shopping at the market :)

So...I changed the design...well Diwali Diya theme can be a table runner or wall hanging at the same time, and still can be a perfect gift for Diwali celebrator :)  I used half yard Indian fabric that was given by my sewing sponsor long time back, Elvira :D ... I think it's perfect, the fabric, the Diwali, the colors...well here it is...


I think I met all the requirements to join this challenge:

1.Make a quilted item not smaller that 18"x24" and my table runner size is 18"x45"
2.Depict the theme 'Diwali'...there's three diyas :)
3.Quilt by machine, not hand ... the appliques are machine stitched and all are sewn by machine :)
4.Make sure you have participated in AT LEAST one other DQ monthly challenge apart from this one...I did join the previous challenge ;)
5.Post your entry here in this doc AS WELL AS the album (whoever finishes first opens the album)...DONE
6.Post it BEFORE 30th November 2012, 6 PM IST...I post it a day before :)

See you on my next post ;)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to all those who watch over the course of this blog and congratulations for the content . It is very successful . Especially keep it up ! good luck .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello !
    Your site is very interesting , and
    this well all that is good Thanks!
    voyance gratuitement

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very useful post, it was my pleasure to find this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very useful post, it was my pleasure to find this post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...